If you’re like me audiobooks have become a big part of life—listening to stories and learning lessons while I’m on the go. I particularly love audiobooks because they allow me to revisit core principles, again and again, which is key to absorbing all the lessons that a book offers.
That’s why I’m so excited to share with you the brand-new audiobook for Think Like A Game Designer.
In case, you haven’t read the book yet, it details 20 years of lessons learned from my experiences in the game design industry and from dozens of interviews with world-renown game designers.
In Think Like a Game Designer, you will learn how to:
- Overcome mental blocks to maximize creative work.
- Understand players’ emotional reactions to a game and how to evoke the right ones for your game.
- Brainstorm ideas and then refine them into exciting new games, mechanics, and themes.
- Follow the six steps of the core design loop for successfully designing a game.
- Capitalize on the excitement of “Big Moments” in a game.
- Get a job in the game industry and learn to get your games published.
- Remove the grind of playtesting and use it to your advantage.
- Integrate monetization into your designs.
- Deliver an enjoyable experience to your players so your game stands the test of time!
Exclusive Game Design Insights
All my articles are first written in a physical journal and I only post about 10% of them on this site. If these articles are interesting to you, I recommend signing up for the newsletter.